Our national, regional and local employer solutions
Job Futures National Employer Servicing Unit:
- Manage Hit The Ground Running a program which will build agreements with large employers and work with providers and recruitment companies to meet national employer needs;
- Create opportunities for job seekers by building relationships with large employers across multiple regions;
- Lead discussions with national employers and employer organisations regarding workforce needs;
- Celebrate employers through Employer Recognition programs and Annual Awards; and,
- Educate employers about labor mobility strategies, the use of new wage subsidies and employment programs.
Regional Strategy Specialists:
- Work with all industry skills councils and chambers of commerce to identify large developments and infrastructure projects that offer high volume employment opportunities in each region; and,
- Build and manage new relationships with Job Futures members in their regions to ensure regional and local employers needs are being met.
Local Employer Strategy - Industry Connections Unit:
- Workforce Solutions Consultants work with employers and industry to understand the businesses and staffing needs in their local area; and,
- Workplace Trainers, who run training and industry tasters for job seekers in areas of need. These areas are informed by the Workforce Solutions Consultants.
Job Futures and member organisation ACSO have been recognised at the 2014 NESA Awards for Excellence.
ACSO's Giulia Teti was awarded Employment Consultant of the Year with Maria Pace a finalist for the Bright Star Award.
Job Futures Paul Synnott was a finalist for the Employment Discovery Grant.
Giulia Teti was named 2014's Employment Consultant of the Year, a significant achievement considering there are over 2,000 employment consultants working across the industry.
With a Bachelor of Psychology, Graduate Diploma in Secondary Education and a Masters in Educational Psychology, Giulia could work in almost any field or corporation she wanted. She has chosen to work for Job Futures member ACSO as a Clinical Support Employment Consultant in inner Melbourne, providing assistance to job seekers.
Having watched the struggles her migrant Italian parents faced with limited education and overseas qualifications that were not recognised, Giulia wanted to help find jobs for new Australians and others who faced significant barriers, so she began to channel her empathy and knowledge towards helping disadvantaged members of society.
The award judges said Giulia demonstrated tenacity in exploring a variety of avenues in education, training and life skills every time she assists a job seeker. The judges said "Giulia understands the important role nurturing internal resilience and wellbeing play in creating a more harmonious and productive life, and she shows job seekers how to achieve these things".